Saturday, May 14, 2011

Le Terre

This is my first post in over a month. I have been painting almost daily but haven't been in the mood to share I guess until now. This painting "Le Terre" (The Land) is about mans encroachment on nature and the nature of "being". The location seems like the end of the world to me as there is a bustling college town behind me with all of this intense energy of competition, and winning and in front of me is this peaceful meadow. So I've placed a figure walking away from the condominiums in the distant who is content just being in nature, I think she is a very important element because she is not involved with anything but having this experience with the land in the moment. I've heard it said that "Your soul is not concerned with what you're doing, it's only concern is what you're being while you're doing".

"Le Terre" 18x18 Oil on Linen - SOLD

4 comments:

  1. Good quote, Steve: This is beautiful! You've done some really graceful trees here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I love your concept. Thanks for sharing it. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your other work soon.

    ReplyDelete